We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content
Frequently asked questions

​Use the dropdown menu to search FAQs.

  • I am trying to login to view my account details and having some technical difficulties, is there an email address where I can report this to?

    ​If you are having trouble logging in please email us at residential@enmax.com or if you require immediate assistance, please contact us at 310-2010 (toll-free in Alberta) or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta).

  • Where can I find the calculation formula for all delivery and distribution charges?

    ​You can view the information related to distribution here.

  • I no longer need services from ENMAX, how do I permanently disconnect service?

    ​If you need to cancel your services you can contact us toll free in Alberta at 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta).

    For permanent meter removal due to property demolition or renovation, please call 403-219-7799.

  • Can I manage multiple properties using one account?

    ​We are unable to place different properties under one account due to different meter reading dates for each property. However, if you are on preauthorized withdrawal you can use one chequing account for all your Enmax bills.

  • What are the different delivery charges listed on my invoice and where can I find a definition for them?

    ​You can find charge explanations on the second page of your bill.

    The delivery charges are the cost of delivering energy to your property. Delivery of the energy is provided by the Wire Service Provider for your area.

  • What services are GST applicable?

    ​The five percent GST calculation is based on the Electricity and Gas total cost in your bill.

    Tax is not charged on city/municipal services like water, sewer, recycling, etc.

  • What are Energy charges?

    ​This is the cost of electric energy you have used in a billing period.

    The electric rate charge are in cents per kilowatt-hour (¢/kWh) and does not include the administration fees or other applicable charges.

    In the Alberta degregulated market there are different electricity rate options for consumers.

  • What are Rate rider(s)?

    ​A rider is a temporary credit or charge approved by the regulator and are associated with distribution or transmission costs.

    Riders occur when the actual delivery and transmission costs incurred by the wire service provider differ from their approved rates.

    These charges are often forecasted and differ from actual cost.

  • Why are Meter readings actual or estimated?

    ​Meter readings can be actual or estimated based on meter reading schedule, meter access, property location, weather and safety concerns.

    The Settlement System Code requires electric meters for small consumers be read by distribution companies a minimum of once every six months and once in each calendar month for all Micro-generation sites.

  • How are electricity prices set in Alberta?

    ​Retailers buy electricity in large volumes from the wholesale markets, and then sell the electricity in smaller packages to their customers.

    The prices residential, farm and small business/commercial customers pay are known as retail prices.

    Electricity prices are set when companies that make electricity (generators) offer to sell their electricity to buyers (energy retailers).

    Energy retailers buy enough electricity to meet their customer supply requirements.

  • Is the regulated rate the best option for me?
    ​​If you're comfortable with an electricity rate that can be less predictable, then the regulated rate option might be a good option for you.

    From bill to bill, the regulated rate option can stay the same or it can rise or fall depending on mark​​et conditions such as supply and demand. 

    From January 1 to March 31, 2023, the Government of Alberta put in place a temporary regulated rate ceiling of 13.5¢/kWh. A repayment amount will be added to the RRO price on RRO customers’ bills between April 2023 and December 2024 as per the Regulated Rate Option Stability Regulation. Visit our informa​​​​​​tion page​ for more details.​​​​​​​

  • If I am moving to a new location can I transfer my services to the new location?

    Yes, you can transfer your account to the new location by signing into your ENMAX account online or by calling our customer care centre at 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta).

  • What is a contact person?

    ​This is someone other than the account holder that is listed as having full access to your account and will have the ability to act on your behalf in relation to account matters.

    This can include transferring or terminating your account.

  • Does ENMAX sell door-to-door?

    ​No, ENMAX does not sell energy contracts door-to-door. Visit our door-to-door information page or visit UtilitiesConsumer Advocate website to learn more.   

  • What should I do if I think I’ve been misled or have concerns about a door-to-door sale?

    ​Here are some steps you can take if you feel you've been misled.

    • Lodge a complaint with the Utilities Consumer Advocate at 310-4822, or email UCAhelps@gov.ab.ca 
    • If you are within the 10-day cooling off period, call to cancel your contract before termination fees apply.
    • Remember that we're here to help, call 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta) or contact us
  • Why can’t I log in with my email?
    1. Your account isn't registered yet. Click here to update your online account
    2. The email address may have been entered incorrectly. If you need to change your email click here
    3. The password may be incorrect. If you need to change your password click here
  • I have already provided ENMAX with my email address. Do I still need to register my account?

    ​Yes. Although ENMAX may have your email address for communications, it does not mean you are registered for an online profile. If you have not yet registered you will have to follow these steps:

    1. Go to enmax.com/myaccount and click REGISTER FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT
    2. Follow the instructions to complete your registration.

    If you continue to have any trouble logging in or have a question about this new login procedure, please get in touch with us at 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta) or email Residential@enmax.com

  • What happens if I forget my password?

    ​If you forgot your password, click here and submit the email address your account is set up under. We will then send you an email to change your password.

  • I don’t have access to a paper bill to find my account number. How can I complete the new login process and register my email address?

    ​You can find your account number on your Paperless bill.

    If you do not receive Paperless bill, you can contact us at 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta) and we'll be happy to help you out.

    Keep in mind that you will also need the phone number that was used to set up your ENMAX account to complete the new login process.

  • I registered for online access. Why didn’t I receive a confirmation email?

    ​The confirmation email can take up to 30 minutes to appear in your in box.

    If you still haven't received a confirmation email after 30 minutes, follow these steps:

    1. Attempt logging in with your email and password
    2. When prompted, hit the Resend email button
  • How do I add multiple accounts under one email address?

    To add multiple accounts to an existing login, please follow these steps:

    1. Log in to your account using your existing login
    2. At the top, right hand side of the page, click your account name (i.e. JANE DOE ​)
    3. Select "Add" an account
    4. Enter the new account number and phone number assigned to that account and click add
    5. The account can now be selected using the drop down menu beside the account profile number
  • How do I remove an account from my profile?
    1. Log in to your account using your existing login
    2. At the top of the page, you will see your account profile number (i.e. 000500654321)
    3. Select "Remove" an account
    4. Select the account you want to remove and click remove
    5. When you select the drop down menu beside the account profile number, the account will no longer appear

    Please note: this does not end your services, and you will continue to be billed for the account. To close an account, please call 310-2010 or 1-877-571-7111 (Outside Alberta).  

  • Why am I having difficulty creating my password?

    ​Your password needs to be at least six characters long and include at least one:

    • uppercase letter (A, B, C…)
    • lowercase letter (a, b, c…)
    • number
    • of these special characters: # _
  • How is the carbon tax applied to my bill?

    The Federal Carbon Tax is an environmental initiative applied to all transportation and heating fuels. The tax is applied regardless of the energy company you have chosen to bill with, and is charged based on how much natural gas you use. For more information on this, please visit the Government of Canada's website

Untitled Document

Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).