We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content
Water, recycling, waste and other municipal services

 Municipal Services

ENMAX Encompass Inc. is contracted to provide Customer Care and invoicing for municipal services in the following areas:

Municipal Q&A

​​​​​​​​​The City of Calgary


The City of Calgary provides safe, reliable drinking water to over one million Calgarians and members of the surrounding communities of Airdrie and Chestermere. Two water treatment plants and a complex network of underground pipes, water mains, reservoirs and pump stations deliver this valuable resource to our customers each day.

Wastewater (sewer)

The wastewater system protects the public health and the environment by collecting and treating wastewater from residences, schools, hospitals, businesses and industries. Wastewater enters the system through sinks, toilets, bathtubs and major appliances where it travels through underground pipes before arriving at one of three wastewater treatment plants for treatment.

Storm drainage

The storm drainage system helps prevent flooding by diverting rain and snowmelt into the nearest river or creek through curb-side drains and underground pipes. The system also includes retention ponds to hold excess water during heavy rainstorms events.

Blue cart recycling

Blue cart is a weekly residential recycling pick-up service for single family households up to and including fourplexes.

Waste management

The waste management charge helps offset the costs of disposing and managing residential garbage at The City's three landfills. It does not relate to residential garbage collection, which is supported by property taxes.

Learn more about these services for The City of Calgary


Town of Cardston


Water and Sewer billing in the Town of Cardston is managed by ENMAX Energy Corporaton. All properties requiring water connection or tenants requiring utilities in their name must call ENMAX Energy toll-free at 310-2010

Any properties requiring water to be shut off at the street must call the town office and request this service. Call 403-653-3366

If you are experiencing any problems with the water or sewer service to your property, please call the town office. If it is an after hours emergency, please call 403-653-5035

All new properties in the town are required to have a water meter installed.


The Town of Cardston offers residential and commercial garbage collection services to in town residents and businesses.

Learn more about these services for the Town of Cardston

All customers are free to purchase natural gas services from the default supply provider or from a retailer of their choice and to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of natural gas and electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase natural gas services or electricity services from, you will continue receiving natural gas and electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).

Enmax Live Chat*