We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content

Your Responsibilities

As a listed retailer, your responsibilities, as they pertain to ENMAX Power Corporation, include but are not limited to:

  • Acting as the main point of contact with end use customers
  • Service requests
  • Enrolling customers and managing customer information
Your responsibilities
Acting as the Main Point of Contact with End Use Customers

ENMAX Power Corporation expects to have limited direct contact with retailers' end use customers. Therefore, retailers will be the main source of electricity industry information for their customers, such as distribution tariff information as described in the Alberta Tariff Billing Code (AUC Rule 004).

Calls from end use customers regarding a power outage for ENMAX Power Corporation's distribution system should be directed to 403-514-6100 (ENMAX Power Corporation's 24 hour trouble line).

Service Requests

Retailers may request the following services:

  • Energizing/re-energizing sites
  • De-energizing sites (de-energizing a site for financial reasons may only be performed by the applicable site's Default Supplier or the Regulated Rate Option Retailer)
  • Exchanging/upgrading meters
  • Testing meters
  • Reading meters off-cycle

A complete list of services and their associated fees are located in the Fee Schedule of ENMAX Power Corporation's Terms and Conditions. Retailers are financially responsible for all service requests made on behalf of their end use customers. ENMAX Power Corporation will invoice retailers for these services on a monthly basis.

Enrolling Customers and Managing Customer Information

As described in the Settlement System Code (AUC Rule 021), retailers and regulated rate providers are responsible for enrollment, including informing ENMAX Power Corporation that they've been chosen as the supplier of electricity services at a particular site. Enrollment is supported through the standard transactions described in the Settlement System Code.

  • Retailers must ensure that they have obtained proper authorization from their current or prospective customers before initiating any customer related transaction, including consumption history and enrollment.
  • The retailer bears full responsibility for the accuracy of enrollment transactions submitted to ENMAX Power Corporation. A retailer that erroneously enrolls a site will bear responsibility for the associated Distribution Tariff costs and any other financial implications associated with the error.
  • In its role as the wire services provider, ENMAX Power Corporation requires emergency contact information for all sites in our service area. Retailers must provide up-to-date basic customer information (including emergency contact name, addresses and phone numbers as well as name, address and phone numbers for the financially responsible party) for all enrolled sites. This information is provided to ENMAX Power Corporation through the industry standard transaction, Update Customer Information (UCI), via VLTrader, as described in the Settlement System Code (AUC Rule 021).
  • If a retailer wishes to terminate its ownership of a particular site, it must provide the industry standard transaction, De-Select Request (DSR), via VLTrader, as described in the Settlement System Code (AUC Rule 021). The effective date of the transaction will be five calendar days from the date of the request, unless the site enrolled by another retailer within the five calendar day period.

Please note:
ENMAX Power Corporation is neither bound by, nor will it enforce, contracts between retailers and their end use customers. ENMAX Power Corporation also will not mediate disputes between retailers and end use customers.

Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).