We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content

If you’re moving almost anywhere in Alberta sign in online and update your information, or call us at 310-4010.

​I’m a current customer

​I want to take my ENMAX Energy plan
or the Regulated Rate option (RRO) with me.


I’m a new customer

I want electricity and natural gas set-up
at my new house / apartment. 


​I’m a landlord/property manager

I want to handle energy accounts
for my rental​ properties.  ​


  Transfe​r my services

Moving your ENMAX Energy Plan ​

If you’re moving almost anywhere in Alberta sign in online and update your information, or call us at 310-2010.

ENMAX Energy serves most areas in Alberta except for Medicine Hat, local gas co-operatives and some REAs.

Moving with the Regulated Rate Option ​

Call us at 310-2010 and we’ll help you transfer your service if you’re moving to an area ENMAX Power serves.

ENMAX Power is responsible for the Regulated Rate option in Calgary, Red Deer, Ponoka, Fort Macleod, Cardston and Crowsnest Pass. ​

  Landlord/Property Manager

Powering your properties

Whether you manage one property or a hundred, ENMAX can help make the transition between you and your tenant a more seamless experience.

Contact our Alberta-based team to learn more about the products and services we offer for both electricity and natural gas across the Province.

Email: largeaccounts@enmax.com
Phone: (403) 514-6868
​Toll Free: (866) 773-6629

It’s your move.

Here’s what you’ll need to move your energy:

  • Move in and move out dates
  • Your new address
  • A phone number that we can contact you at (before, during and after the move if possible)
  • Also, if you haven’t done so, setting up an online account can be a convenient way to manage your account and move

Moving tips and checklist

Click to download.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you’re moving in Alberta in most cases you can take your energy with you. Simply sign-in to your online account, or call us at 310-2010 and we’ll help get you set up.

First - welcome to Alberta. You can choose a competitive retail plan for your electricity and natural gas or the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) in your service area.

Learn more about ENMAX Energy's competitve retail plans.

Learn more about RRO services.

You can choose any retailer listed at www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or at 310-4822. Electricity delivery to your home or business isn't affected by your choice of retailer.

You should let your energy provider know as soon as possible about your plans – moving date, or any other changes to your account.

If you’re an ENMAX Energy customer and moving within Alberta it’s you can likely take your energy plan with you.

You should contact us once you know your move in date and new address.

No, cutting the power may lead to serious damage or other issues. Simply contact your energy company and tell them when you’re moving. They’ll manage the transfer to the new owners.

All customers are free to purchase natural gas services from the default supply provider or from a retailer of their choice and to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of natural gas and electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase natural gas services or electricity services from, you will continue receiving natural gas and electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).

Live Chat