We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content

ENMAX Tree Trimming Program

Our teams identify trees in ENMAX Power’s service area that are too close to power lines and could pose a hazard.

We do this to keep our crews safe while working on the wires and to help avoid outages. We also do this to help keep you and your neighbours safe, and to help avoid outages.

Please Stay Safe

  Call 9-1-1 if a tree or branch has damaged a wire on or near your property.
Do not remove trees, branches or other debris from wires.

  If you have any questions about trees and branches AND it’s not an emergency, please contact us at 403-514-3459, or treetrimming@enmax.com.

tree trimming notice icon  

We’ll let you know if a tree on or near your property is being trimmed.

You will receive a notification if we identify a tree on or near your property that is too near to powerlines that run from pole to pole.

certified arborist icon 

Who does the trimming

ISA certified arborists are hired to trim and cut trees. They have the experience and training to do this work safely and while maintaining the tree’s health.
ISA certified arborist logo​​

3 year trim icon 

It’s a three-year trim

In many cases, this will not be the first time your tree has been cut. Most trees in areas with overhead powerlines are cut or trimmed every three years.

The trimming is done so that at least a minimum clearance of one metre is maintained during three years of growth. Depending on the type of tree and its growth rate this could mean the amount removed could vary.
3 year trim diagram

Trees around electricity icon  

Planting trees around electricity

If you’re planting a tree in a neighbourhood with overhead wires, use Tree Planting Guidelines to locate your tree safely. And before you start working contact Call before you dig to locate any underground services.

Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).