We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content

Construction Disconnect Reconnect Form

This form is for:

  • Requesting secondary service wires to be disconnected and moved out of the way to complete construction.
  • Temporary electrical disconnect/reconnect at the following locations:
    • ENMAX overhead at mast/overhead lines
    • ENMAX underground at transformer/pedestal
    • Customer meter socket (meter removal)

Why do I need this form?

  • Service entry relocations for new construction or building additions.
  • Replacing, rewiring or upgrading a main panel.
  • Replacing, rewiring or upgrading a new meter socket.

Things to know before you start:

  • An electrical permit number and completed inspection or an authorization (received via email) from the City of Calgary Inspections Department will be required before the service can be reconnected.
  • A return trip fee will be assessed if customer or customer representative is not onsite at the scheduled time requiring an additional site visit to complete the requested work.
  • Evening and nighttime appointments are available for commercial electrical work only. Please contact the MSO Scheduler at 403-514-2186 for more information or to book one of these appointments.

To complete this form you will need to know the following:

  • Time and date for disconnection or reconnection.
  • Electrical permit number.
  • Transformer number (optional).


  • Emergency response by ENMAX takes precedence over all other work, which may result in extended outage durations. ENMAX will not be liable or pay costs associated with re-scheduling or canceling any scheduled minor service order. All work is performed in accordance with ENMAX's Distribution Tariff Terms and Conditions and applicable law.

  • We require a minimum of 3 business days’ notice to schedule all requests. Service charges may apply for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance.

  • The charge to complete the requested work is based upon the estimated time to complete the work and travel time; however, this charge is an estimate only and customer is responsible for all actual costs of the work. ENMAX will issue an invoice or a refund to the customer for any differences between actual and estimated costs. Additionally, If onsite conditions result in a variance from the estimated time required to complete the work, an adjustment to the amount charged may be applied.

The information you provide is protected under the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta)and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of ENMAX's Privacy Commitment. If you have any questions or concerns about the collection of your personal information, please contact the ENMAX Privacy Manager at 310-2010.

Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).