We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content
What do I need to know if I am moving?
You can take EasyMax with you to your new location. Just give us one months' notice that you are moving, provide us with your date of possession, new address and its Site ID for electricity (and natural gas if applicable) and we'll take care of the rest.
If you've been on electricity only and are now responsible for your natural gas, you can add natural gas to your agreement for your new location.

Should one months' notice not be provided before you move any interruption in the supply of Energy and any costs incured by either party due to the inadequate notice will be responsible for.

If your new address is within a territory we service, we will amend this agreement to apply to your new address. If your new address is not within a territory we service, this Agreement will end on the date of your move, and you will remain responsible for any outstanding obligations under the cancelled Agreement until satisfied in full.

If you are moving to an area serviced by EasyMax, you suspend or bridge your services for up to 90 days. This is helpful if you are waiting to move into a new house which you are now responsible for, - you can have your EasyMax Agreeement apply to both locations for a maximum of 90 days, or if you have moved out of your house and are waiting to move into a new house, - we will hold your EasyMax Agreement for a maximun of 90 days. Should you exceed the 90 days, we may cancel the existing Agreement, including the term and rate associated with any Fixed Electricity Rate or Fixed Gas Rate, without penalty. If an Agreement is cancelled in this manner, you have the option of entering into a new EasyMax Agreement with us for your new address, based on the EasyMax Agreement and Energy Plan options then available to you.

After 90 days, we may, without penalty, cancel service at the old address. Service at the new address will continue under the terms of this Agreement.

All customers are free to purchase natural gas services from the default supply provider or from a retailer of their choice and to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of natural gas and electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase natural gas services or electricity services from, you will continue receiving natural gas and electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).

Live Chat