We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content

Utility Right-of-Way

A utility right-of-way (URW) is land set aside to allow electricity, gas, water, sewer, telephone and cable companies to provide service. To protect equipment such as underground powerlines, transformers, poles or overhead lines, no obstructions (sheds, foliage, fences, etc.) are permitted on this land. This restriction helps prevent hazards that could cause serious injuries.​​

​​If you have a URW on your property, it will be listed on the Certificate of Title for your property.

For more information, please contact us at 403-514-3619 or refer to the following brochure:

View the Utility Right-of-Way brochure 

All customers are free to purchase natural gas services from the default supply provider or from a retailer of their choice and to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of natural gas and electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase natural gas services or electricity services from, you will continue receiving natural gas and electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).

Enmax Live Chat*