We use cookies and other web tracking technologies to improve our services, identify areas for repair, better understand what our customers use and don't use, and for marketing services. To learn more, visit our Privacy Commitment.
Skip to main content
Quick bites

Learn about ENMAX and the Alberta electricity industry in a few minutes! Our informative Quick Bites are designed to simplify complex topics.

Featured quick bite

Utility Rights-of-Way

A utility rights-of-way (URW), or easement, is an area of land set aside for utility infrastructure. It’s called a ‘rights-of-way’ because utility workers must be granted access to these areas, as required, to ensure safety and reliability of utilities.

Utility rights-of-way

All customers are free to purchase natural gas services from the default supply provider or from a retailer of their choice and to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of natural gas and electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase natural gas services or electricity services from, you will continue receiving natural gas and electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).

Enmax Live Chat*