1. I graduated last year and was wondering if I could make an application to this year’s EIT Program?
The EIT Program is targeting new Electrical Engineering graduates who are anticipating their Bachelor of Science degrees either in December or May of this 2012/2013 academic year. You are still welcome to make an application.
2. I am currently working in the field of Electrical 6Engineering and am looking for a career move. Do I qualify for the EIT program?
Since you are not a new graduate, you are not eligible for the EIT Program. However, you would be eligible for full-time positions, when they become available, through the ENMAX career page on www.enmax.com/careers.
3. What is the start date for the EIT position?
The start date is fixed at the middle of June following your final academic year.
4. If I have questions relating to the EIT program, who should I talk to?
On the ENMAX website, there is a link to email@example.com. This email address is used strictly for EIT program questions and will be answered directly by the EIT Program Managers.
5. Does ENMAX have a preference for specialization in the Electrical Engineering field? What level of qualification is required?
ENMAX is targeting students with a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with an interest in power, telecommunications or Instrumentation and Controls. A Masters or PhD degree is not required.
6. Where can I submit my application?
On the ENMAX website, there will be three postings for EITs, one for Electrical, one for Electrical in Telecommunications & one for Electrical in Instrumentation and Controls. Please do not email your resume as only applications submitted online through the job posting will be accepted.
7. Is my transcript required at the time of application?
We do not require a transcript to be submitted at the time of application, but it will be required during the interview stage.
8. Does ENMAX actively recruit for summer or internship positions?ENMAX does not have a formal summer or internship program. If any positions become available, they will be posted on the careers page on www.enmax.com/careers.
9. I have a Master’s in Electrical Engineering, do I qualify for the EIT Program?
A Master’s degree is not required for our program. However, we will look at EITs who are graduating from a Master’s program in the 2012/2013 academic year, providing there is no significant work experience between the undergraduate and graduate program.